My Photo
Name:

check my friendster la. i dun update there for nothing

Monday, September 03, 2012

Facing Supply Shocks

Strictly speaking my historical project is going well. I have order significant amount of stuff at relative low cost it is just that the rate which PI got its historical stocks is very low. After nearly 6 weeks after we place our order, I got only 1 box of Numidians. Lawrence is lucky and have gotten the big chunk of his Macedonian Phalangites.

  Realising that I would not be able to build my Numidians fast enough, I then proceed to work on my Byzantines but Alas! The prices have increased so much that they are only slightly cheaper than Gamesworkshop. It is so bad that I have to resort to Ebay for my Tagmata Heavy Kavallarioi. I have no cheap options for Byzantine Spearmen and will have to buy them from Gripping Beast. It is fortunate that I manage to win the bid. Let’s hope the stuff arrives on time. (Note in this 1 week when I did my ebay bidding, the price of GB cavalry increase by yet another pound!!!) With these two purchase, I have more or less complete my Byzantine army.

Due to high shipping charges from England and lack of domestic suppliers for most metal ranges, I have to resort to plastic armies. Even though my Numidians are primarily plastic, the Spanish Cavalry and elephants and command will exert significant pressure on my resources, maybe I really have to switch to Twilight of Greece (I hope not!). Anyway I will have to stick to plastic based armies in the future. This meant that there isn’t much armies to do. Only viable ones I see are Normans, Vikings and Saxons. As spoken to Victor the last time, I am thinking of doing a Italo-Norman-Lombard army as opponents of my Byzantines. I think it will be unlikely given the latest development (due to time and also it will be quite pointless if Elmer is doing crusaders) but I see how.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home