My Photo
Name:

check my friendster la. i dun update there for nothing

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Night with the Vampires

Yesterday, I fought with the Vampires, Kenneth and Derfel. Kenneth's battle was in the afternoon while Derfel's was in the evening(Derfel is actually using high elf...but he is so Vampirish that heck la...he is always a Vampire Count in my Eyes).

Anyway in my game with Ken...he wanna fight against the Cult of Slannesh and I obliged. This time the blue dice failed him. I manuveured while he tried to counter. We were like two chess players playingin a game of chess...moving and shifting our pieces, not getting combat till its decisive. UnTil Slannesh magic came into being and disrupt his lines and battle plan. Despite so..due to bad luck in dispelling, Kenf managed to Van Hels his grave guard retinue into my chaos knights and butcher them. but by a twist of fate...the aspiring champion cause two wounds on the count...and when the unit pursue and hit the daemonettes on steed...the steed on slannesh licked the vampire and finally led him into death's embrace. After that...its over..things start crumbling. Actually a major thing to take note is that the Annoited and 2 squads of shades(who onli provide covering fire) take out a skeleton regiment, a black knight regient and a bat swarm. A unit of ghouls was panicked away. The "BSB Annoited " is superb. Actually the game was a lost for kenf mainly due to two things...he dunno how the new DE items could be used in a cult army, and that obscene luck I had...well we will see more of that later.

My next game with DErfel...lol. its obscene. I was using normal DE coupled with a unit of Anaconda's Amazons and my first turn is bad...killed onli a single RBT crew despite chillwind, doombolt watever. Derfel spent his first turn manuveuring also. the game turned in the 2nd turn's magic phase. i had 3 irresistable in a rol and yet i killed nothing....then I had a 4th irresistable in the same turn and killed nothing with the exception fo a HIGH ELF PRINCE ON DRAGON. It's drain life and i actually just wanna weaken him and the dragon princes. i killed no knights but all my hits on the dragon randomise onto the prince and killed him. I rolled a 4,5,6. Then the obscene prat begins. I keep on rolling sixes for the rest of the game whether it matter or not. The Amazons held out for long due to my ability of rolling sixes. 6's here and there prevented me from losing despite Derfel trying hard to outmanuveur me. The fact is that i was actually out manuveured but my rolls were so gd that Derfel's stuff just died when they came into contact. and yeah Harpies rallied twice. Fortunately, Derfel 's cautious natural led it to be a draw. he managed to killed my spearmen block and force a draw.(Spearmen was charged on 3 sides due to derfel thinking a step or two ahead of me...if charge on 3 sides still win then....I got nothing to say. I damn paiseh already with my sixes). Inthe last turn i had fun accepting the charge of the spearmen with my amazons. although a wiser choice will be to flee and lose less points...I estimated the game will be draw anyway so i fight. Actually when the dust finally settled, we merely killed 900 points each. After this game...i strongly feel that Derfel is better in the game than I am. If u put he cautiousness and rules-lawyer stuff aside...he is actually very gd in moving soldiers. Unlike one of his greatest critic who relied on beardy men in thick armor and rolling well in close combat (lalalala I neva mention names but we know who it is...lalala) :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home