My Photo
Name:

check my friendster la. i dun update there for nothing

Friday, January 03, 2014

Battle against Victor's Dark Elves (WM)

Last Saturday, I had a tough battle against Victor's Dark Elves.  This is the first time both Vic and myself were playing Warmaster at 2000 points and it was my 2nd Warmaster game ever.  I am using the Kislevite army supplemented(proxied) by Kenneth's Empire.

I deploy with my strongest cavalry on my left flank, center was occupied by my gunline while the right was defended by a unit of infantry and bears in a forest and some horse archers.  The horse archers quickly redeploy to the center, and subsequently to my left when the battle commence.  The reason is due to Victor's deployment, he had a weak(er) right flank (my left), center was average but his left flank was very strong with witchelves, cold one chariot and 2 units of cold one knights as one brigade.

Fortunately for me, the token troops on my right, together with the forest, is able to delay him enough for me to launch a few attacks of opportunity from my left.  Small units of kislev lancers and cossacks were sent to attack targets of opportunity.  Victor then counter attack with his harpies but these were pushed off.  I then advance in the center by moving my gunline forward.  While my redguards manage to advance and drove off Victor's rxbmen in the center, my kislev wagon failed to redeploy after moving forward.  This meant that the archers accompanying it were not in defensive formation.  Victor then seize the chance and launch an attack with his cold one chariot.  I lost 1 unit of archers and half the wagon unit(lost the horse team) but manage to finally eliminate his chariots with my horse archers countercharging.  By this time Victor's knights has finally circumvent the forest and were about to reach me but my wagon and archers manage to drove them back quite a distance.  It was already 5.30pm by then and as the battle has not been conclusive, we ended the game.  Calculation of points revealed a draw.

Personally I felt that the battle will be inconclusive even if we played further.  Both our armies were deployed defensively thus making if very risky for the opponent to attack.  Neither Victor nor myself is willing to risk an assault.  In fact I was toying with the idea of a general advance by my guns and slowly wither him until I can finally kill him (which may take many many turns).  I have still yet to master the game and still think like a WHFB player expecting each unit to move at all time like a well oil machine.  Thus I find it difficult to exploit my successful attacks, often I run out of commanders at the front (as most of them are busy at the rear trying to get the rest of the army forward) which finally results in my attacking troops being bogged down and finally swamped and eliminated by the enemy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home