My Photo
Name:

check my friendster la. i dun update there for nothing

Thursday, June 17, 2021

Infinity the Game - Unmasking

 On 17 June, I have a game of infinity using my TAK against Jonathan's Yujing.  We played the unmasking mission.

This is how the deployment looks like.

Jon's forces are mostly deployed on his right flank while his left is anchored by the Guijia and two bounty hunters.  He also have two guys, a tiger troop and a Liu Xing (Comet) that are deployable from air. I have both of my Irmandinos in each flank.  The left flank was further reinforced by a war driver and two Streloks (all three with boarding shotguns) while the right flank is reinforced by another Strelok with mines, and a Ratnik.  My center is occupied by my fire team, with a backup doctor.  My line kazak lieutenant is hiding at the rear with my autocannon tankhunter in the rear center building.  The idea is that the troops in the center can reinforce either left or right if the need arises.

 Jon goes first.  His hacker uneventfully approaches the console and he reveals the actual HVT.  The tiger troop then deploys successful and killed the HVT.  His Comet air drop into my deployment zone beside my hacker.  I ARO my hacker into cover (dodge).  In his next order, he tried to kill my hacker but the multiple AROs knocked out all his wounds instead.  As he has no wound incap, he places the Comet in suppressive fire.  

Lastly, his guijia climb up a building to dominate the Los to his two HVT, ready to kill anything that can threaten them.




In my turn one, I move my Irmandinos forward, they will eventually reach the consoles and reveal his HVT and one decoy (both near his guijia).  But before that, my autocannon came out of the hiding place and using two orders, I took out the guijia.  

Blast the Guijia out of the way!

In my left flank, the hacker kills the Comet and advances, ready to support the left Irmandino.  My fire team also moved out, take out his tiger troop before hugging terrain and ready for  turn 2.

War Driver is ready to shoot anything,
even if the Irmadhino is in line of fire!

Good job, now hold this position

Yujing Turn 2, his right flank did a general advance (apologies that I cannot give much details as I dun understand Yujing much), killed my Irmandino and hacker.  

lots of unconcious models, ouch!

He also manage to cast spotlight onto my veteran kazak and send a missile over via his bot.  Killing the vet kazak and a line Kazak.  His guijia pilot tried to kill the FO of my remaining fire team but got killed by an ARO faceoff instead.

The center suddenly feels...spacious

TAK Turn two, I send my remaining Irmandinos to skirt round the walls to take out his HVTs, I did the smoke and move trick and was generally successful until just BEFORE my first target, I failed a dodge and went unconscious. It is left to the Ratnik!  I swap his team, make him move forward and climb over the wall.  This was then Jon's two bounty hunters aro me and tried to immbol me.  I passed all the saves.  The Ratnik then killed both the HVT and one decoy.  

The pink Irmadhino did a good run only to be knocked out in the final moment.  The Ratnik has to advance, climb over the wall and eat two shots before killing the HVT & decoy and securing a lead, which will accumulate in a victory eventually.  

With my last orders, I send the FO of the surviving fire team squad (they disbanded) and activate the last console, turning a potential draw to a win.

Yujing turn 3.  Jon's Ninja hacker move to the center and pressed the console, surviving all the ARO shots along the way.  However when he tried to let the ninja leave, a distant boarding shotgun shot finally took out the ninja (mimetism -6).  Jon's army thus hit breaking point and he retreats.  Actually he also notesd that he only have two orders left and he is unable to press the last console anyway.  So the game ends with a victory to the TAK.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home