My Photo
Name:

check my friendster la. i dun update there for nothing

Sunday, February 27, 2005

Draw with Kenneth

Fought with Kenneth's Beastmen for the 3rd time. this time his army is led by a mightly shaggoth. Unfortunately due to a hill that provide cover for him, I could not shoot down his shaggoth with my rbt.

however i still manage to get a draw(he has abt 60 -160 advantage) , had not it been his gd break test, i could have won a major victory. here r some of the highlights...

1) as mentioned kenneth placed his shaggoth in the flank under the cover of a hill. i lure him forward with rxbmen making him fail charge(the price the rxbmen paid is to flee off board). witch elves charge him in the flank, a challenge ensue and i cause 2 wounds, he cause 4. i win him by 3. he passed his ld( he has been rolling well the entire day...i expect his break test to be bad). with victory eluding them, the witch elves were flank charged by a chariot and destroyed.

2) the cold one knight team charge the beast herd, bad to hit rolls by the knights (plus i 4got his shaman has 3 wounds) resulted in a draw. i had did a word of pain but lilth miscasted and became a squig-like. in the next turn my cold ones ate many gors and my knights fought well with swords. I lost no men and win combat by 5, he needed a double one and he passed... fortunately i still strike first in the 3rd turn, i brutalise him and managed to break him this time...running him down. the cold one knight team has emerged victorious once more. it is a very tough unit.

3) his minotaurs came from the other flank. my corsairs when to face him, hoping that the bloodgreed special rule will expose a flank to my spears. it could have worked well had not he charge my spearmen in the flank. that was a mistake of mine in keeping the chriot alive (i used kenf's own chariot to shield my general from his herd). i expected to win but ended up losing. i held but failed the panic test when the corsairs r killed. the spears flee into the forest with the chariot behind, chariot took 1 wound. it's quite tought though and it survive many maggic missles from tesela. fortunately YQ reminded me and i finished of the chariot with a well placed doombolt from the stick (which got exhaused in the process)

all in all i m happy and kenf is very surprised that he did not win. he congratuate me for my resilence [heh heh]. I am very proud that i survive despite my bad magic and shooting[one phase will screw up every turn...the crucial turn 2 is worst both screw up)

i fought soo's ogres too using a very powered down list, i m surprised that he came up with a hard list (1 ironguts, 2 leadblerchers, 2 gougers). actually the list is illegal but i m ok with it as i drawed and did not lose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home