My Photo
Name:

check my friendster la. i dun update there for nothing

Saturday, October 08, 2005

An Elegant way of war nearly came to an unelegant end.

As mentioned earlier in a previous post, I tried to apply to light troops/precision striket actics into warhammer. It nearly came into a nasty end. I fought Andy, who was relatively unskilld with WE(but became skilled by end of game). Andy used a noble, a branchwraith, a spellsinger, a treeman, 6 waywatchers, 17 eternal guard, 2 x 3 treekin, 8 wardancer, 2 x 8drayads, 10 glade guard.

I use a lvl 4, a lvl 2, a wand using noble and a crimson death noble on horse.2 rbts, 12 witch elves, 6 harpies, 5 D.riders, 12 rxbmen, 20 spears and 20 corsairs. overall things go well as planned, shooting and maigc take out and weaken stuff that cannot be reached while darkriders led by the noble go for the kill.this is where i found my bane. fear causing skirmishers. given the lack of well protected troops(knights...), whenever i charge into my foe, i will actually give him combat res. even if i support with a coordinate charge. he can negate my static combat res advantages via kills. eventually he will autobreak me...another problem with the lack of coldones. in addition this game is made worse my treeman strangle root which cannot be avoided. had andy taken more scrolls, i could not have got a draw. a small point is that witch elves are not suitable in a game where a stable battle plan is crucial.

I will take out the witchelves of course. and i m thinking that perhaps i will make my army even more fluid which means total MSU. this leads to a problem of whether i need a high sorc to counter enemy range troops and do hit and run stuff or should i use a highborn to make my kills count.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home