My Photo
Name:

check my friendster la. i dun update there for nothing

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Disaster at Grey Mountains

The Darkspears met its first defeat ever since its Penal Legion Days. Our supplies are running low and upon receiving Lord Malekith’s orders to rendezvous with the Black Ark, Jade Dragon, we rush across the Grey Mountains only to be ambushed at the foothills near Athel Loren. I immediately instruct, our rising star young lord Darkspear to perform rear guard duty while I push forward with the women children and most importantly, Lord Malekith’s present, an ogre butcher (this is the main reason why Lord Malekith bother to relieve us).

Unfortunately the battle did not go well. Our troops were too hungry to perform. With overwhelming effort, Lord Darkspear and the knights broke the asrai center consisting of tree spirits but the lack of strength allow these beings to escape and deal with the rest of the army. To make the matter worse, when the young lord ordered to pull back, his manticore finally lost its strength and fails to take off and was run down by wardancers. The knights rushed to save their lord but were finally overwhelmed by the Asrai Horde. Ironically they were killed to the last elf by the very tree kin unit they broke earlier. That tree kin unit rolled up our forces in the end capturing both Lilth and Tesela. I am very angry with the darkspears for losing their nerves and failing to protect Lilth. At least those fools manage to warn me of the disaster.

When I returned, the battle is over. Fortunately casualties are light, most troops simply suffer from arrow wounds. We lost a total of 240 men and 60 harpies. The asrai lost 330 men. However all the druchii senior officers were captured. I tried to parley and asked for their release but no reply came. However the young lord and my two apprentices were seen next morning. Young Lord is grievously wounded but he can fight again if medical care is given swiftly. The other two survived due to the magic shield spells I taught them. Thankful I place a large amt of iron and captured asrai and some asur equipment as some form of payment.

We are now at the blighted island now, off the coast of ulthuan. Lord Malekith in his wisdom has showed mercy, being aware that the entire force should not be punished as the main problem comes from the lack of supplies and reinforcements. Good troops should not be wasted.The Darkspears Penal Legion is resting now, as well as re-equipping. Unfortunately our Penal Legion status still remained and reinforcements are not allowed, I have lost 130 Knights so far and I no longer have enough warriors to form a unit. This will be a problem.

Lady Veronia Darkspear, Penal Legion Commander in Chief
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today’s game is interesting. Both ahx and I tried too do great maneuvers, ahx ended up moving ard clumsily and the battle turn out to b a slugfest in the center, my maneuver ended up with my general killed. Lol dice slightly below average for me…pursue and fleeing distance sux…dat’s y I say darkspears r malnourished. Well, with my superb luck vs tsui last fri, I got nothing to complain. one interesting thing is dat with 18 inch movement wildriders dun need to commit too early, turn 4 and turn 5 also can b effective. Today’s game is great thx AHX. I also learned that if the enemy had a non-maneuverable flank, sending a noble with a chariot could deal wif it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home