My Photo
Name:

check my friendster la. i dun update there for nothing

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Even the way stories r told have changed.

Let's us not talk abt economics, academics and similar shit today and return to the main topic --> the reason why the blog is ever up.

Nowadays other than acadamics(which occupies about 20%) of my time, i was wasting my life away with AOE3(expected rite). Most of my cities have "matured" into powerhouses by now...this morning I have just let the Ottomans earn the ability for its Janissaries to build military buildings...yes yes very cheesy but dun forget Ottomans r a boom but not a rush factions. I have also played a little of final fantasy at vic's place...the current FF is a late medieval setting with magic and steam engines. Steampunk is the word Tat and Vic use to describe it.

And its an interesting concept indeed. A quick browse at recent gaming softwares and story books revealed that steampunk is getting popular. It seems that the literature world itself has advanced in age. No longer are romantic stories about knights and damsels but rather renegades, highway men, pirates...the trademarks of the colonial period(i orignally wanna type Age of Enlightenment but decide not to wahaha). Mark of Chaos will be released soon, as the setting is based on the Empire....I will expect more steampunk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home