My Photo
Name:

check my friendster la. i dun update there for nothing

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

A Week of Extreme Disequilibrium

Today is only Wednesday but the week thus far has been disastrous. First and foremost, I do not have a single proper module. together with technical problem with CORS, it took a total of 6 bidding rounds for me to finally get my 5 modules. DErfel is right, the administration has been bz speeding up the timetable(dunno for wad) resulting in a series of screwed ups. A average bidding round last for a day, compared to a day and a half as it was in the past. till now, i have not gotten my timetable up nor have i bought my txtbooks. I am still trying to get modules that have a lower workload so that I can spend my time on non-academic matters such as job hunting.

The most serious problem was Dr Cremers who played me out and insist on me dropping the thesis. There is nothing much I can do since she simply refuse to sign the pink form. It was so unfair but there are simply no alternatives, the 2nd best option of coz would be to do ISM since i will still be doing a research of some sort. Now I am trying to psy myself out of this trauma. It is a really sad thing consider the number of books and journals i have already read, hours spent making the pre-regressions. I believe i had spent more that a week over the hols just on thesis alone...well wat's left of it. it is no encouragement in that now Dr Cremers was swarmed by many other ism proposals. She is damn stress now and I forsee that she has a lot less time for both me and Chris. I rarely dun wanna do this on a blog but i juz gotta do it. F*** Clement. YEs Lim Hanyang. I dunno wat's wrong with his EQ. He is giving our prof unneccessary stress and thus negative externalities to the rest of us. When I look at his "overlapping generations model", I could tell that its clumsy and flawed straight away. He just refuse to believe so...and insist that he is correct. the worst thing is that he insist on using the screwed up model for ism...his choice you say but it means that Dr Cremers has less time for us...forcing us to be even more indpt. and we all know that Clement is a "attention" guy, he will definite plague prof with qns...something that will definitely happen given his model.

Final problem, money. As my academic career draws to a close, my allowance began to trickle to almost nothing. Expenses are going to come to a halt. I have many minor problems such as the need to get/rent new storage space since kevin's is closing, the need to finish my exorcist...not to mention $ to go out. to have just enough $ to cover my basic expenses is giving me lots and lots of inconvenience. I just hope when new yr and my pay comes...it will tide me over somehow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home