My Photo
Name:

check my friendster la. i dun update there for nothing

Sunday, January 08, 2006

"Tank" Battle on the 7th Jan 2005

Last Sunday, I finally got the chance to use my 2 chariot team Tomb Kings to fight against Derfel's 2-2-2 + Prince Asur Army. Luck was on my side and Derfel was troubled by constat failed psychology tests. His chariot, used for counterattacking failed fear test thrice, not to forget abt the 3 miscasts.

I almost never pass my 5+ armor saves(as normal) but when it do...it hurts Derfel a lot. I charge in the ushabti unti to wack Derfel's Prince who has one wound left. Derfel strike back adn i m left with only 1 ushabti with 1 wound. In the next turn when Derfel counterattack, he cause 2 wounds which I passed with a double 6's. I strike back on the Prince...1 wound but enuff to kill him and the spear unit is no longer stubborn. Well on the plus-side...Derfel is convinced that he needs greater survivability.

Overall its a fun game, 2 mainly cav-chariot armies charging and smashing each others in a plain surrounded by hills and forests...too bad the desert terrain were not ready yet(they r actually ready but not dry yet Aaarrggghh)...if not we can have a "North Africa" battle. Overall I think Derfel made 1 small mistakes while i made a big one. The terrain is very disadvantages to me due to the closeness of hills and forest in my deployment zone. Derfel should take more "life mages", of coz one can argued that he barely cast a thing but the fact is that the mistake is still there, he could do better without the High Mage. As the ElfMaiden is a high mage, Derfel had to risk her(due to range)...leading to her eventual death. As for me, I made too big a risk on deploying my heavy cavalry in the right flank, I dunno whether its becoz Derfel never see it, he did not take the bait/think its not worth it or he saw my trick. He deployed in his own Heavy Cavalry in his right half of the table...well his whole army to be exact. In the end my lich priests were far from each other and could not coodinate well. I was stuck in my own half of the table for about 2 turns and had Derfel's luck been better...i will be bombarded with sticks, rocks and other missles. On the plus side, my screwed up deployment actually gave me the heavy cavalry as reserves to countercharge Derfel's Dragon Princes and there was a point where the 2 lich prests actually can coordinate due to the bad initial position...wat an irony.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home