My Photo
Name:

check my friendster la. i dun update there for nothing

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Ottoman Chaos




Haha the Ottoman military tree in ETW is a real mess. Due to the lack of a general well rounded line infantry capable of challenging the Western Powers, players will end up buying a variety of units to perform specific roles. Bring in the lack of funds and also the fact the decent troops can only be recruited in certain areas meant that a typical Ottoman army will look like a melting pot.

The picture above shows one of my "late game" armies. I am already winning and this is one of the battles for the last cities in india. However I still have not mustered enough resources to build a modern "Nizam" army; which explains why this army still look somewhat like the rabble I have in early game (the fact that I have 2 units of Janissary gunners hinted that this is a late game army, janissaries in early game? u must be joking ha!)

Anyway allow me to explain. In the center foreground, we see janissary gunners with their green cloaks and silver rifles mobbing up an indian artillery position. To support, I threw in some irregulars with swords (they have cool red/white turbans and held swords, one dude is seen jumping onto the emplacements) To the left, my camel cavalry are charging into the fray while far into the background, you can see my behouin infantry rushing in to join the fun (a bit late though). In the extreme, you can see the ottoman line infantry. I only have one unit as they cannot be recruited in india.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home