My Photo
Name:

check my friendster la. i dun update there for nothing

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Warhammer Fantasy Cowboy




I am going back to dark elves for my WHFB. I have been painting random old minis lately and today this mini caught my eye. It was the standard bearer of the mengil manflayers. However, the banner contain some faults during the casting process and thus could not be used. As a result I converted him into a Dark Elf hero with handbow. Considering that the handbow looks like a crossbow, I will use him as a normal shade with crossbow sometimes also.

This model is one of my few "Heroic" minis that I will be doing for my dark elves. As everyone knows, my dark elven army is very large but I do not have minis to cover all the interesting options available for characters in the list. And since I have a lot of old characterful minis, it will be great to do something interesting with them. I am very keen on the idea of keeping only 1 fantasy army. While I had previously collected a 2nd and subsequently a 3rd army to distract myself a bit, since then I have started 40k and historicals and now I find that I have far too many armies to look after and thus I am unable to pay attention to all of them in both painting and gaming. Thus the decision to streamline the hobby.

As far as WHFB is concerned, the dark elves are the chosen race. Historicals is a bit tricky as my chosen faction do not have plastics available...I guess I will still put them on hold for the moment. As for 40k it is tricky. Till now I am still undecided on my chosen faction...still waiting for the sisters book to find out. I am not sure how long will the Sister WD codex last but I dun think I can make a decision until a proper armybook come out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home