My Photo
Name:

check my friendster la. i dun update there for nothing

Saturday, June 14, 2014

1st Epic 40k Game

I had my first epic 40k game today.  Originally I wanted to write a full battle report but I had forgotten to take pictures, and as this is a trial game it is filled with non-optimal tactical decisions that perhaps it is not worth writing about.

Basically I won, with my artillery pinning ande destroying HX's vehicles (aka his tanks which are Monolith and Obelisks) even before he can do his thing, and my big guardsmen unit with hellhound and griffon swamp and eliminate all his necrons warriors/immortals unit in 1 turn.  Hongxi's superheavy and destroyers did a lot of damage to me, especially on my infantry squads.  But through sheer numbers as well as lucky rolling from my blitzen and howitzers I manage to take them out.  My shadowsword did nothing on HX's superheavy at all.

The only thing worthwhile sharing IMO is my pre-battle shot of my Baran Siegemasters army marching to battle.


Some takeaways today.

1) IG numbers allow me to make many shooting on my enemy - especially via blast markers.
2) Artillery allow me to deliver those blast markers at range.
3) Thudd guns are thus very important for the siegemasters.  But they slow the unit down.  I can take griffons but their range is short and also there's no supply for minis except Ebay.
4) DKOK dun have artillery in their core formations, need to rely on hellhounds and leman russes
5) Guardsmen without their supporting equipment are useless.  No armor and heavy stubber only hit on 6's.  The only thing they can do decently is firefight in large numbers...and being meat shield.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home