My Photo
Name:

check my friendster la. i dun update there for nothing

Thursday, October 09, 2014

My Pet Project - Converted Plastic Dark Elf Dark Riders

I have been talking about this from years, and I am finally doing it.  My pet project, plastic Druchii dark riders using wood elf parts.  Many may argue that this conversion is no longer necessary since the actual minis are available.  But after doing them (to a certain extent), I thnk the effort is worth it.  The slight cost savings aside, this unit has better horses as well as look more uniform.  The actual dark rider box set does not give you enough parts to give one a uniform look, you need to buy quite a lot to get the nice parts leaving you with remaining parts to do a warlock unit (which I hate).  I may get an actual unit of dark riders eventually, as pure light cavalry instead of this current medium cavalry look.  Let's see how.

 My original concept.  6th Ed Dark Elf Warriors torsos and heads plus the long pole arm meant for banners.  I have been very impressed by this long deadly weapon ever since I lay my eyes on them and always told myself that these can be used as cavalry weapons.  The shields are from Wargames Factory Numidians.  I have always been impressed with the shields and always wanted to use them on something.  Here's my chance.


First bunch of guys partly done.  Notice I gave some of them hooded Asrai heads (can't recall if they belong to Glade guard or glade riders).  This is to give the unit a slighly less regimental look (still look more disciplined than original models though).




The entire unit ranking up for the first time.  I was advised by my friends that I should add a cloak to each rider.  Good suggestion but it is very hard to implement.


The main issue is the quiver.  I manage to solve it by making them look like a scabbard for a large sword.  The spare sword grip is from Wargames factory Numidians.  I have quite a large number of spare swords for this use.

The unit is not done yet.  I am working on them reaaallll slowly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home