My Photo
Name:

check my friendster la. i dun update there for nothing

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Battle with Victor and Strategic Ground in Warhammer

it was a slaughter.

in last sat's battle with victor, he onli have a darkrider left and i only lose a skink unit. the battle was entirely one sided. Victor had a great advantage in the beginning but he never realise nor exploit it in the end i manage to win because i exploited one thing.

terrain.

lizardmen are one of the few races that could fully exploit terrain in the game. my skinks dash from cover to cover in the right flank and gradually make my way into his rbt firing positions. but it was the salamanders that r the greatest of all. victor's refusal to contest a hill situated at mid N.S, towards west part of the table let my salamanders claim this commanding position and i manage to blast many enemy. without the hill, my sallies could not have gained so much los. I went against the usual lizzie rule that sallies muz stick to the forest as the large numbers of woods in the right flank meant that most of victor's troops will be at my left.

Victor's made the following errors
1) he did not deny me the usage of the hill
2) he should not split his cavalry into two groups. Especially when knights r placed behind the woods which means they are forced in enter the middle of the battlefield where i outnumber him. If victor had not split his cavalry into two, he could have enough units to finally break my left flank
3) Victor did not maintain the coherency of his firing base. He made his 2 mages-spearmen unit move forward. this means that they can no longer protect his rbts and in addition by moving the infantry forward, he is making his sorcerous vulnerable. Victor should have noticed that I failed to take out his shooting for the first few turs of the game. He failed to exploit it which is a pity.

What I learnt other than from my foes's mistakes.

The onion formation is damn difficult to use when u have so few rank and file units. The lizardmen are so expensive that most of the troops r skinks. My left flank was in the danger of breaking down and in turn 2 i had resigned myself to the fact that i will be drawn in a long H to H combat which meant that my magic phase wold be shut off. Fortunately i manage to bring the manticore down despite failing the steed of shadows attack

The steed of shadows attack is only suitable to take out support units.

All in all, my hypothesis is correct. Lizzie magic is to take out enemy supporting units. Battles r won with saurus of all kinds and troops. I tried the heavy armor saurus. They are good :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home