My Photo
Name:

check my friendster la. i dun update there for nothing

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

3rd...


I just got third place in Singapore's WHFB annual tournament. Its very shocking to some of my foes as I used a cav/chariot TK army. Although such an army is unconventional, it works well as it does not surrender the initiative to the opponent and with careful planning , threat of S7 can be reduced. I massacred against high elves and lizardmen(he had 2 units of krox lol)...destroying the entire army in both games. I had a minor against darkelves and gave a massacre to dwarf(the champion - tsui)

Game 1: Vs Asur He fielded 1 commander w reaver bow on eagle 3 mages, lvl 2, lvl 2, lvl 1 28 spearmen (very well painted to look like Greek phalanx) 10 Archers 8 Silver Helms 5 Reavers 5 Shadow warriors 2 chariots 2 eagles 2 rbt. basically what happen is that he fielded his knights on his left flank, spears and chariots in the middle. Reavers and shadow warriors on his right facing my own archers(aka hierophant bodyguard).my center consist of simply my 2 chariot units with the H.cavalry in the rear as reserves. my light is simply guarded by a token force of light cavalry It all happen in turn 2. on his left the knights charge my light cav and massacre them. He make a mistake of overrunning...as a result the knights never came back to make an impact. on his right, the reavers and shadow warriors combine charge my archers but the reavers failed fear. shadow warriors are destroyed. and on my nxt turn i simply remove those reavers with arrows and MM. the meat of the battle is in the center. on his turn 2, he did not charge me but manuveur in such a way that only one of my chariot units can charge him. then on my turn 2, the scorpions turned up. one charge an rbt(destroy it) , the other charge the archers(roll badly, draw). my tk detached himself from the chariot and tried to magic charge into the archers, i failed. meanwhile the tombprince led a team of chariots and charge into his center. I failed charge.... my chariot unit was stuck in the middle of the battlefield. seeing . this, my 2nd chariot unit try to move forward to threaten his spears.

Turn 3: my foe is confident of breaking my tombprince unit. and he charge a chariot in the front and his spears at my flank. he also send a chariot and 2 eagles to hit my scorpion. (Note: all this while the reaver bow guy is peppering me with arrows and mages r bombarding me.) the scorpion was destroyed and the chariot and eages overrun into the tombking(he was grinning then...i pretend to be sad but i was laughing inside, i had effectively trapped his entire army into my center which i can handle). as for the melee with his spears and 2nd chariot, my chariot unit was destroyed except but my prince survive with 1 wound left. his chariot was destroyed by the tombprince(it lost an wound earlier to shooting, my tp cause 3 wounds) and the battle continues. in my turn 3 my 2nd chariot unit counter charge defeating the spears and running it down. the prince began his slow walk to help his dad. meanwhile for the tk fight. he destroyed my chariot completely and cause one wound on my king. my foe was very happy and felt that the king should die in that turn. but his hopes was dashed when my tk use his spear to kill one eagle and healing back all lost wounds in the process. despite losing combat...i take only 1 wound thx to scorpion armor. turn 4 for him is a mad rush for his silver helms to aid his eagle and chariot. he was abt 5 inches from the combat. on my turn 4 the TP and the h.cav charge in to aid the tk. i won combat and killed both models of his. haha and his silver helms that were 5 inches away saw this panic and flee out of board! for the next few turns, i was simply chasing down the rest of his army(archers, mages, reaver bow guy). on his turn 6, the game ended with my H.cav charging into his onli survivor(reaver bow guy), autobreaking him and running him down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home