My Photo
Name:

check my friendster la. i dun update there for nothing

Saturday, February 04, 2006

Battle of Ideologies

Yesterday, I had a battle of ideology with Sijin. His Cult vs mine Khainate. Annoited and mass cavalry vs cavalry chariots and flyers. My refuse flank vs his collaspe flank.

before talking abt the battle, i shall explain the collaspe flank. it is similar to the refuse flank but rather than having a sacrificial flank, forces of the Collasped flank will simply pull back and redeploy. This is mainly possible with mass cav armies like Sijin's.

Rather than introducing the units i will simply draw out our deployment. terrain in bracket and CAPS.

................................................................(middle)
.................................................................Devoted
.......................furies 2 mages(1 is gen)
MD, Chaos knights shades(for) A.C COK RXB(hill) D.Riders Annoited


..........................................................................................................ROCKS

.............................................................................FOREST

DR Spears DR RXB(hill) RBT CoC CoC ...harpies .................CoK
...........................................................................RBT.............N.PegL.Peg

Lilth join spears, tesela join rxb. noticing that there is simply a narrow path between the rght forest and rocks, i reasoned that putting knights there can stop all opposition...that and my flying peg can allow me to secure my victory flank. Sijin's purposely put his dark riders at my right...apparently that is his collaspe flank and in a way i was tricked as i expect some hard fighting to be done there. but in the end it turned out that controlling the right gave me great advantages.another of sijin's choice is that where the annoited will be. he was originally thinking of putting in the junction btw his coks and chaos knights to form a link between his center and right. but if i rem correctly sijin decided to use that winning piece to break/hinder my victory flank. he feels that its a mistake after the game.

not going into details. i simply had to say that sijin defeated my left thru combat and seriously damaged my cok in the right. but as my cok is dmged, my unit is small enuff to wiggle thru his blockage(annoited btw rocks and trees). wat is left of my right plus my center break his center and then try to turn back to hit his right. mean while my right darkriders hit the shades and overun to his gen and killed him. This is sijin's most fatal misake in the game, one dat is made in deployment and turn one. Note that despite this mistake sijin's slannesh magic can still win(which he did ...until i do a stunt...read on...) my plan with the annoited is to buy time and simply shoot and MM him. i manage to kill his horse thru it. the aspiring champ is later killed by knights ..part of the chaotic melee in sijin's center between our 2 opposing cav. my onli mistake i feel is charging my left dark riders into the Md to weaken them...such a sacrifice is wasteful.The game conclude with a mass melee between our surviving troops near my hill and a desperate charge of both my pegasus onto the anooited near the forest. the troops fighting isn't significant, it is the battle of the characters that determines the outcome.

anyway before discussing the duel. lets talk abt magic.Sijin outmagic me thru out the game. but he do not knowhow to maximise its advantages. my magic is more direct...simply guerilla style fighting that finally take out some chaos knights with drain life. Magic is an art which demands nearly as much thinking as movement.

ok now the duel. although it looks risky, i charge in to ensure a win. i know heartstone shuld save me frm total defeat, in addition i send both pegs in to ensure outnumbering. even if he killed 1 horse i still got +1 combat res. ok on the duel itself...no one killed off each other. we deal 2 wounds to each other each BUT i have saves and sijin has none. my blood armor save 1 wound while my heartstone save the other. sijin's has chaos armor and daemonic ward...both nullified by crimson death/ He lost by 3 and rolled a 7. chased down by both horses.

i tot i won but after calculating points...its a draw to my favor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home