My Photo
Name:

check my friendster la. i dun update there for nothing

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

tournament battle 3 and 4

Game 3 - Tsui has done his own rep. therefore i will juz give the url
http://warhammer.org.uk/PhP/viewtopic.php?t=13749


Game 4 vs Lizardman(Player: Elmer)

This game is very tense as both of us have to massacre each other in order to win the 3rd place(a minor/major means getting 4th place). My foe(Elmer) use the following list

Nike Old Blood w queztl, sotek, tepok and piranha blade
Saurus BSB(never knew wat funky toys he has)
Lvl2 skink with diadem
Lvl 2 skink with 2 scrolls

2 x 10 skinks
1 x 10 scouting skinks(never ended up scouting)
1 x 12 saurus (queztl) – BSB inside
1 x 10 saurus (queztl)
2 x 3 krox
3 salamanders

Once again the battlefield can be divided into my left, the center and my right

Here, the right is very uneventful. his JsoD, salamanders(with 2 priest) and one unit of skinks and a unit of krox were facing my flimsy 16 man archer line.

The deployment for my center is Chariots(w king + Prince)……Light Cavalry…….. Ushabti. H.Cav (acting as reserves)

His center consist simply of 2 saurus blocks and a skink unit. His right has a krox unit screened by a skink unit facing my chariot The game begin with him starting first. He simply move his army forward. There is no shooting(Tip: no matter wad a lizardman does, if he goes first turn…he can never get in range to shoot except when using chameleons). Identifying the JsoD as a major threat I magic in my ushabti to charge it (he gave it to me as he is confident of winning). Unfortunately for him, he failed fear and flee. I failed charge and stopped in front of his krox. On his turn his krox countercharge charge me while his JsoD rallied. Our two ogre bases exchange blows killing one base each. However being ushabtis I go first the next turn. I defeat the krox but failed to run it down. My ushabtis was then finished up by his JsoD. At this point it’s the third turn at the right flank. (from turn 3 onwards his salamanders and skinks will do nothing other than xchanging fire with my archers while I m busy resurrecting and shooting back lol)

For the left flank, in turn 2,I charge my chariots into his krox…yes I know its insane but read on… Shifting the focus to the center. Nothing happen until turn 2 when my scorpions appear. Both charge the small block. (my scorpions never play any significant role after that) in addition, I detach my tk from his center chariot unit. The prince led the unit to charge the bsb saurus block. The result of this small combat is inconclusive till my turn 3. My tombking then manage to magic charge into the flank of the saurus unit in my left(yup the sucidal crazy charge-I realize that even if my dice screw up scorpion armor will save me). He was very unfortunate, I roll a 3 for my tk’s magic but he rolled double 1. anyway when my tk charge in despite losing 2 chariots, I cause so many wounds that I won and chase down his krox. In my 3rd turn, my tk and wat left of the chariot unit came to help the prince’s unit. I defeated the saurus block and let my prionce chase the unit down while my tk restrain. Why I do so? This is because I realize that the JsoD is winning the battle at the right and its his turn next. If both tk and tp pursue, the jsoD will surely go for the tombking. If I send the prince alone, even if the prince died, I got a chance to use the curse, if worse come to worse, my TK can countercharge. Which is wad happened in his turn 4. The JsoD did charge my prince but unexpectedly…he died of the CURSE. My tk did not even need to countercharge. In the end, I spend my turn 4 wiping up his surviving krox. By turn 5 all my foe had were skinks, and I spent the rest of the time moping up his army. It’s a massacre.

One thing abt tk compared to Druchii(which I used more often) is that is that whenever the enemy flee from a tk charge, he is putting himself under great risk from a magic charge by carrion(thus a free frag). This applies also when the foe fails a fear test. Therefore a tk army is gd at taking advantage of opportunities especially with cav intensive armies like mine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home