My Photo
Name:

check my friendster la. i dun update there for nothing

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Inquisitor Vondire's Memories

Vondire’s Memories

“Dad, where are we going?” the 9-year old questioned.

“I am showing you your heritage son. I want you to fully appreciate our family’s legacy and duty.”

“Dad, this place is eerie, I am afraid.” The small-built boy remarked as he look around the dark corridors of the palace. The walls were decorated with many paintings of great battles, battles between men and many strange creatures, some that are so gruesome that it shook young Vondire’s spine.

“Learn to control your fear son. Even if you feel fear you must learn not to express it. Remember this for the rest of your life; never reveal your weaknesses to anyone. Alright, now we are approaching a grim place. It may be a little scary but I do not want you to make any sound no matter how afraid you are. Strictly speaking, we are not allowed to be here but just as my father brought me here on my ninth birthday, I will bring you along on yours. When I was here at your age, I did not make any sound”

Vondire groped, “I understand father…I will try.”

The duo stepped turned into an even darker corridor. It was virtually pitch black but there is a shining light at the end of the passage.

The father whispered,” Walk towards the light my son. Do not be afraid and make no sound. I am right behind you. Now, go on.”

Slowly, Vondire prodded forward, each of his steps becoming heavier as he moved. He began to hear strange songs from the tunnel’s end. Vondire then realized later that they were not songs but rather screams. Screams of agony. The young boy stopped in his tracks.

“Fear not, son. Daddy is behind you.” The father encourages.

Slowly but surely young Vondire made his way to the end of the tunnel. In front of him were the most gruesome yet in a way most magnificent sight in front of him.

He was looking at a throne room. Perhaps a room isn’t too appropriate a word as the entire enclosure was the size of an auditorium. Right in the middle sat a frail looking man. He was wriggling as in constant pain. His skull was all wired up with transparent tubes all the way to various capsules at the ceiling. As Vondire looked on, he can project faces inside them. Countless faces of individuals, each of them screaming and they were slowly sucked towards the individual in the center. Vondire simply stood at the edge of the hall, stunned.

Finally, his father spoke, “Now my son. Do you know why I always make you go to church every week yet forbid you to pray inside the house? Look in front of you. You know who is that sickly man sitting over there? He is the Emperor himself. The Emperor is not a deity but just another person like you and me.”

Still overwhelmed by the sight, Vondire slowly parted his lips,” But why do we have to pretend that the Emperor is a god then? Why don’t we let everyone know? Dad, why do you have to read the Imperial Creed every Sunday in the churches if you know who the Emperor is?”

“Good question my son. It’s because it’s our heritage. Do you know how many human beings are there in the universe? Billions of billions! Millions of different customs and beliefs. And yet all these people are united because they all believe in the God Emperor. It is that sickly man out that that unites the entire human race. It is him that prevents the infighting. Yes it’s a lie, and it is the duty of us Witch Hunters to maintain this lie. Tell no one of today my son, for what you have seen is something that almost all members of Ordos Hereticus are unaware of. I want you to remember something that my father has told me. Armies can conquer a hundred cities yet faith alone can pacify a thousand worlds. It’s our duty to preserve this faith and therefore to preserve this lie.

Whenever Vondire send his Sisters of Battles to battle, he remembers his fateful ninth birthday. The truth must be hidden, even if meant sacrificing innocent lives for a false cause. As he sees those brave yet idealistic and misguided Adepta Sororitas board the transport ships, he muttered a prayer to the long forgotten god of his ancestors. He then concluded with his ancestor’s instructions “Armies can conquer a hundred cities yet faith alone can pacify a thousand worlds”.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home