My Photo
Name:

check my friendster la. i dun update there for nothing

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Thou shall not sacrifice one's soldiers needlessly

I have fought 2 games thru out the week. 1 vs tsui (victory), 1 vs ahx(ulric with woodelf) and Draw.

in my game(using darkelves) with Tsui i stay out of trouble and onli charge in when i have overwhelming strength. this together with his anvil blowing up led to a major victroy for me. I think i have accomplished my "Elegant way of war" after all.

i did the same with AHX, using an army based on fast cav, skirmishers(WE r lidat) and some tree spirits. DEspite a small mistake(treekin charge ahx's dogs expect them to flee but ahx did the most illogical thing and hold...sianZ), i was winning the game. until i got impatient(i wanna kill of ahx's knights) and charge his knight unit with my altered in the flank. shit man with only 5 attacks even if i cause a decent no of wounds i will not win combat. i killed many knights but i dun win. sacrifices like this cost me precious VP and in the end i lost quite a few points(plus spellsinger panicked) and the game come to a draw in my favour(but onli thx to banner). i muz resist the tk urge to go for overwhelming kill all the time. i must take out the enemy but onli if it meant not putting my troops to too great a risk. I muz...Controllll.

but anyway, the fast cavalry did well. i began to like cavalry armies again as it rewards planning, patience and manipulation. no we still must have infantry. infantry break the enemy while cavalry finish the foe. the problem with Asrai is that they have no impressive ranked unit which meant that they r dice rolls dependent. one can argue that a careful use of fast cav can do the trick but remember that asrai have negligible armor

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home