My Photo
Name:

check my friendster la. i dun update there for nothing

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Another Week of many thoughts

I actually have lots of stuff to talk about but i have not really consolidate my thoughts to write all of it down here. there r ideas from many aspects not just warhammer.

ok let's do the easiest...warhammer.
was discussing w Tsui abt Elves on wed...mainly druchii vs asrai. Tsui felt that druchii rely on characters while asrai rely on troops. therefore itts reasonable for druchii to spend nearly 50% of points on characters but not asrai. He mentioned that dark magic is a major factor that makes druchii powerful which i agrees. Dark Magic is a major arsernal of the druchii but its often negated by druchii players especially Kenf, Vic and sijin. ok...that leaves only me left as michael rarely plays.... Well, perhaps I should bring my high sorc back. i dun wan to play the highborn so much onli to lose touch with the high sorc. besides my new 4,2 plus 2 noble peg list still operates similarly to the highborn list therefore i will not lose touch w the highborn. this list has a lower margin for risk but trades off hitting power. I have sacrifice 1 A as well the extra protection a peg rider will get(if i give less wounds...that means i give him less combat res). i lose my small unit of rxbmen but i think its ok. the 2 foot sorc combi can b easily hunted down by my enemy if they r persistent enuff.

the next one will b regards to warfare as a whole. our own country to b exact. after thinking deeply on what Alex(thousand sons dude) have pointed out. Yah...its ok that we do not have combat experience as long as we need not face the enemy face to face. as long as we can bombard them fast enuff, we can survive. which means our artillery and air arm muz b very efficient and fast. I do not wanna tok abt navy here as there is no ground to be held. Navy is mainly to shield the land from bombardment and landing parties....new ways to fight an old war. anyway let us not digress. assume that an imaginary enemy is rushing down on us from the penisular(assume seas r safe). 1 problem is that we will have problem identifying targets in jungles. the enemy can hug terrain, and make their way to our forces in close combat(rem when i first play LM vs Vic...skinks hop from forest to forest and take out rbt). in worst cases they hit our arillery, best our infantry/tanks. therefore despite having a good formula, our armed forces still muz learn to neutralize the problems imposed by the terrain. of coz...this is juz my theory...mabbe the real guys out there have solve this prob long ago.

Rome Total War/Pre Gun Powder Warfare
I realise that I play very low emphasize on cavalry. although 50% of my army consist of fast troops in warhammer, a careful analysis will show that i almost always use them as reserves or as pursuers. in simulation games like dat of TW series, my battles almost consist always of the traditional infantry in center and cavalry in the flanks. cavalry will flank the foe if they can but most of the time its the infantry dat do the job. the cavalry then pursue(fast cav). i rarely commit knights mainly due to the cost(i always feel cav r too expensive to be commited), it was onli in desperate situations do i send the knights in...often at the flanks. however wad abt my warhammer games? y do cavalry play such a significant role. many reasons. 1st: Warhammer is a one shot thing, dead troops r back in the next battle. 2nd: look carefully at my cavalry. TK all cavalry r resurrectable and i use my h..cav like fast infantry aniwae. and let's face it, TK chariots have no counterparts in real life :). cok r very resilent totally unlike the real knights in the real world. how many crossbows need to kill 1 knight? at least twelve. but in reality only one or two.

lol dat's all for my babbling. lots of random military thoughts here and there. lol i can't wait to play warhammer tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home